I finally finished my last semester of University in December, which sets the stage for 2012 to be my best year ever, mainly due to the fact that I am now a full time affiliate marketer! I’m planning to stay in the gambling sector this year and really try to build my online sports betting presence, while keeping a few online poker sites running and bringing in some cash. If opportunities arise to move into some other verticals I may take them, but the focus for this year is going to be on my sports betting network.
As a self employed entrepreneur it is very important to set goals in order to stay on task and achieve what it is you are striving for. A goals list is a great motivator and whenever you start to feel lazy it’s good to have a list to refer to in order to gain some momentum and inspiration.
So without further ado here is my list of goals for 2012:
- Do not start any new gambling websites. This year I want to focus primarily on my bigger websites, such as Sports Bet Listings and really try to build these sites into authority portals. It seems like mini sites are having a harder time ranking well in Google and for this reason I do not want to start any new miniature sites this year. Instead I will continue to build my current websites and build out my current mini sites into bigger, more authoritative sites on their specific topics.
- Create a “To Do” list for every working day. I find if I have a “to do” list I can stay on task much better and get a lot more work done than if I just try to think of things to do while I work. I’m going to try to create a “to do” list every night before bed for the next day.
- Continue to post every day on NHL Betting Tips during the season. This site has been doing very well and I want to continue to build it and focus on posting a new prediction every day throughout the regular season and playoffs.
- Build NBA Betting Predictions up to the same level as NHL Betting Tips. I don’t know a lot about the NBA so I have a friend writing the predictions every day, but the hope is to build the site up to the same level as my NHL predictions site by the end of the year.
- Build out all of my current sites to at least 6 pages. I currently have a lot of websites with only 1 page up in order to age the site. These one page websites are on some solid domains and if I can just add a few more pages the websites will seem much more legit and trustworthy.
- Improve http://www.downloadpokeronline.net into an authority site for online poker downloads. This is my main online poker site nowadays and I plan on continuing to build it throughout the year into a site that ranks well for a variety of download related terms.
- Earn $50,000 in net income throughout the year. I think this is a very doable goal as I have continued to increase my revenue streams and being able to work full time this year should push me to about that mark. And the great thing about building websites is that the income generally grows as long as you maintain your sites.